Skip to main content

Personalize Your Canvas Tote with Fabric Hearts and Mod Podge

Hello everyone. I hope you are doing well. Today, I want to share a simple way to personalize a canvas tote using fabric, paint, and Mod Podge. This project requires a few materials, and it's a great way to add your own twist to your tote design. If you're ready, I would love it if you joined me in personalizing a canvas tote.

Canvas tote with fabric floral heart design

Watch the video tutorial

Materials for canvas tote design

Materials
One canvas tote- I am using one that is 13" x 14" x 7" 
Optional-Fabric paint 
Fabric Mod Podge
Heart template (I am using my wooden heart to trace out)
One pencil
Scissors

wooden heart, pencil and fabric

Begin by laying your fabric flat with the design side facing down. Use the heart template and a pencil to trace out a few hearts.

Traced out canvas hearts

Use your scissors to cut out each of the traced hearts from the fabric.

Cut-out fabric hearts on canvas

Next, take your paintbrush and start applying the fabric Mod Podge. Apply the Mod Podge to each fabric heart one at a time and gently press it onto the tote.
I used my heating tool and then applied a layer of Mod Podge on top of the fabric heart.

Fabric paint, and canvas with fabric hearts

This is optional. I chose to add fabric paint around each of the fabric hearts, using blue and red colors.

Canvas tote with fabric floral hearts

Canvas tote with fabric floral hearts

Your canvas tote design is complete. There are many ways to customize a tote, making it a fun DIY project. Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin showing canvas tote with hearts

Comments

  1. Great project. I don't often think of ModPodge and fabric together. thanks for sharing with us at Create-it Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes this was my first project using the fabric Mod Podge. 😊

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is just the cutest! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. This looks great. So easy to do too! I found you at Grandma's Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, thank you very much. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed my canvas tote. Thank you for taking the time to visit. 😊

      Delete
  4. A cute idea and perfect for those who don't like to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That led me here.
    These hearts are so cute and provide a friendly approach like in the grocery store.
    Question: Is this Mod Podge method washable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, thank you for your visit. Yes, you can wash it in cold water after 72 hours. Hand washing is recommended. I tested it out using a mild detergent and gentle scrubbing. Everything worked out well. Thank you for asking such a great question!

      Delete
  6. Such a FUN craft, Steph! I didn't know you could use md podge on fabric! Thanks for sharing! Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you! Yes, it's the fabric Mod Podge—such a fun little project. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness Steph what a cute tote bag. This is just so lovely.
    Thanks bunches for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend. I'm so happy you're here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments and creative ideas truly brighten my day. I do my best to respond to everyone, so if you have a question or just want to say hello, please leave a note below. To keep our community a positive and inspiring space, spam or off-topic comments will be removed. Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Steps to Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home

Hello everyone! I’m excited that you decided to visit the blog today. I wanted to share how to create a cozy autumn tablescape at home. My goal was to design something warm and inviting, as our table is a space where we share conversations, drink coffee, tackle homework, and simply enjoy each other’s company.  I typically don’t go all out when decorating my dining table, but I wanted to show you how I styled it using decor pieces I already had. I would love for you to join me in this decorating adventure! Watch the video tutorial Create a Cozy Autumn Tablescape at Home Items I'm adding to my table:  -White tablecloth runner - Battery-operated leaf lights  - Reusing glass jars  - Mini pumpkins and other fall decorations  - Small "Hello Fall" sign  - Faux flowers I began by spreading my white tablecloth down the center of the table. Around Halloween, I purchased this tablecloth a few years ago at my local Walmart. After laying it out, I realized that I could ...

How I Styled 6 Fall Trays Using Simple Reused Decor

  This fall, I wanted to challenge myself to decorate with just a few simple items—things most of us already have tucked away in our craft bins. With one round tray, a Dollar Tree lantern, a battery‑operated LED candle, a handful of faux florals, and a mix of Dollar Tree pumpkins, I created six different autumn looks. Each one feels cozy, seasonal, and unique, all without buying a bunch of new décor. My goal was to show how versatile your everyday pieces can be. By swapping out colors, textures, and small accents, you can build fresh designs that fit your style and your space. Watch the video tutorial Decorating Each Tray My First Tray: Classic Lantern & Autumn Florals For my first tray, I began by placing a round tray on a woven placemat to create a cozy base. Next, I placed the black lantern in the center and added a small LED candle inside. I figured this would provide a soft autumn glow that I love. I took yellow faux florals and arranged them around the lantern to brighten...

Easy Autumn Leaf Wood Riser | Using Dollar Tree Wooden Leaves

  Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to stop by. I hope all is well. Today we are creating an Autumn leaf wood riser. I purchased a pack of wooden leaves and wood square blocks from my local Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I found a piece of scrap wood in my garage and  I figured I would create a wood riser with a wood leaf design. This is a simple craft and is great for beginners.  Video tutorial Materials One scrap wood section -The size  of the one I am using is 7¾ x 3½ Paint -I'm using espresso for my riser and red for my wooden  leaves Four wood square pieces -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree  (These are being used for the legs on the wood riser) Wooden leaves -Purchased a pack at Dollar Tree I am using 6 leaves. Depending on the size of the wood you use, you  could end up using more or less Paintbrush Hot glue Faux fall floral or leaves Floral cutters Start by taking your paint and applying it onto your scrap woo...

DIY Mini Wood Lantern

  Hello everyone. I'm so excited to share this mini wood lantern craft with you all. I recently bought a box of wood tumbling blocks from Dollar Tree, and I wasn't sure what I was going to create with them. I decided since I also had some wood craft popsicle sticks on hand that I would use those with the blocks, and create a mini wood lantern. This project took around 30 minutes, but I promise you, you will just love how it all comes together with just a few materials. If you're ready, I'd love it if you created it with me!  Video tutorial Materials One pack of wood tumbling blocks  I purchased mine at my local Dollar Tree Ten wood craft popsicle sticks Paint  I'm using black paint, I also had some antique white paint on hand, but I went with black paint Hot glue Twine Faux floral, and greenery One medium-sized bead One battery-operated candle Floral snips Scissors Building the top and bottom sections of the lantern Start by taking five of your tumbling blocks. Usin...

Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots

These DIY craft ideas transform simple terra cotta pots into charming fall decorations. Elevate your home decor with these creative and easy-to-make projects for the autumn season. Hey everyone! I'm glad you stopped by. Today, I want to share an easy fall decoration idea with you. I'm reusing three Terra Cotta pots from a previous craft to create these decorations. You'll need just a few materials, most of which you may already have at home, to make your fall pot decorations. Video tutorial  Charming Fall Decorations Using Simple Terra Cotta Pots Materials needed: - Three pots (Terra Cotta or any type) - Fall wooden decorations (such as a fox, acorn, and a leaf)  - Artificial flowers - Assorted fall decorations (e.g., mini pumpkins) - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Burlap ribbon or any ribbon of your choice - Scissors  - Hot glue - Mod Podge - Decorative napkins - Foam blocks Use a paintbrush to apply acrylic paint to each pot. I painted each pot a different fall color like...

Search This Blog

All content Copyright

Copyright 2021-2026 I ask that you do not take or use my photos or words without permission. If you have any questions, please feel free and contact me. Also, for more information on this blog, check out the disclosure policy tab above. Thank you